Frequently Asked Questions: Connecting & Networking
- Billing & Accounting
- What options are available to pay my bill?
- How can I get more information regarding billing?
- When do adjustments show on my bill?
- Whom do I call if I have billing questions?
- Why haven’t I received the refund I requested?
- What should I do if I have problems with my consolidated account statement?
- Whom can I talk to about why I was reported to a credit bureau?
- How can I found out my account balance?
- How can I verify Pay-Per-View purchases?
- How will I be billed for VOD rentals?
- Capital Credit
- Connection Protection
- Digital TV
- Fiber to the Home
- Troubleshooting & Repairs
- How do I see if I am eligible for a phone upgrade?
- What kind of loss or damage is covered under the Mobile Maintenance Program?
- What wireless service options do I have if I am going on a cruise?
- What tips can you offer for wireless data management?
- What tips can you give for traveling abroad?
- What reset options are available for my phone?
- What is the difference between a basic phone and a smart phone?
- What is Memory Management?
- Mobile Share
- How do I use the Find My iPhone feature?
- How do I backup my wireless device?
- How do I access Gmail on my mobile device?
- How can I protect my mobile device?
You can purchase your own router or you get one from FTC by contacting Customer Service at 888-218-5050.
Try rebooting your computer or modem/router. If this does not work, verify that your Ethernet wire is connected. If you are connected by wi-fi, check to make sure your computer has a strong wireless connection. If you are still having trouble with your internet connection, contact Technical Support at 611 from any working FTC phone or 888-218-5050 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
You may have entered the website address incorrectly. Check the URL to make sure you have the correct slashes (“/” vs. “”) or aren’t missing colons (“:”). Check to make sure you are still connected to the internet by browsing to another page. If you are able to access other pages on the internet, the problem may be with the provider of the web page. For additional help, contact Technical Support at 611 from any working FTC phone or 800-541-5030 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Type the IP address of the web page you are trying to browse to into your web browser address line.
For FTC routers with wi-fi capability built in, contact Technical Support at 611 from any working FTC phone or 888-218-5050 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) and they will walk you through setting up that connection. Should your router not have wi-fi capability built in, contact Customer Service at 888-218-5050 to set up an appointment to have a wi-fi enabled router installed.
Yes. FTC’s internet utilizes a fully functioning internet router that allows you to connect several computers at one time.
To request a static IP or additional information on a static IP, contact the FTC Marketing Department at 800-671-0670.
FTP, File Transfer Protocol, is a protocol through which internet users can upload files from their computers to a website or download files from a website to their computer.
A home network is simply a method of allowing computers to communicate with one another. If you have two or more computers in your home, a network can let them share:
- Files and documents
- An internet connection
- Printers, print servers and scanners
- Stereos, TVs and game systems
Contact Technical Support at 611 from any working FTC phone or 888-218-5050 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).