Frequently Asked Questions: Wireless
- Billing & Accounting
- What options are available to pay my bill?
- How can I get more information regarding billing?
- When do adjustments show on my bill?
- Whom do I call if I have billing questions?
- Why haven’t I received the refund I requested?
- What should I do if I have problems with my consolidated account statement?
- Whom can I talk to about why I was reported to a credit bureau?
- How can I found out my account balance?
- How can I verify Pay-Per-View purchases?
- How will I be billed for VOD rentals?
- Capital Credit
- Connection Protection
- Digital TV
- Fiber to the Home
- Troubleshooting & Repairs
- How do I see if I am eligible for a phone upgrade?
- What kind of loss or damage is covered under the Mobile Maintenance Program?
- What wireless service options do I have if I am going on a cruise?
- What tips can you offer for wireless data management?
- What tips can you give for traveling abroad?
- What reset options are available for my phone?
- What is the difference between a basic phone and a smart phone?
- What is Memory Management?
- Mobile Share
- How do I use the Find My iPhone feature?
- How do I backup my wireless device?
- How do I access Gmail on my mobile device?
- How can I protect my mobile device?
Contact Customer Service at 888-218-5050.
The Mobile Maintenance Program provides coverage for your mobile phone against damage or loss due to fire, theft, vandalism, liquids and certain physical damage. This program protects the original equipment package purchased. The equipment included in this package is: handset, battery, charger and SIM card. Click here for more information.
Anyone who relies on personal mobile devices like smartphones or tablets sooner or later faces issues with data usage on the cellular network services they subscribe to. Cellular services normally restrict the total amount of data traffic each subscriber can generate on the network during a given period of time. This data usage can quickly grow out of control if not properly managed. Watch the video below for more information.
Watch the video below for information on what you need to do to utilize your FTC Wireless service in a foreign country.
There are a variety of reset options available on your mobile devices and all are intended to help your phone function properly. Watch the video below for more information.
The key difference is that smart phones are mobile phones that are similar to a mini computer. A basic phone is similar to a plain old telephone in that it allows the user to make and receive calls and send and receive texts messages. Watch the video below for more information.
All mobile devices have a limited amount of dynamic memory compared to our personal computers. As we rely on our phones more to help us with daily tasks it becomes imperative that we manage the memory that is available to us. Watch the video below for additional information.
We’ve all had an oh no moment when we can’t find our mobile device. Watch the video below for information on how to use the Find My iPhone feature on your device.
Most people have content stored on a wireless device such as photos, videos, contacts, apps, etc. It is important to backup your wireless device on a regular basis so that you do not lose this valuable content. Watch the video below for additional information.
Gmail is email brought to you by Google. If you have a Gmail account which you would like to access via your iPhone or iPad, go to iTunes to buy and download the app. This will give you a secure and a fast way to access your email and keep everything organized. Watch the video below for additional information.
Being aware, alert and having common sense goes a long way in protecting your mobile device. Watch the video below for additional information.