- 1 large angel food cake (or two small)
- 1 large instant vanilla pudding mixed according to directions
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 16 oz containers frozen sweetened strawberries
- Fresh strawberries to garnish
I use a glass, footed trifle bowl for this recipe. It’s really pretty when garnished with fresh strawberries. Break angel food cake into bite sized pieces. Layer half the cake in bottom of trifle bowl. Mix pudding according to directions on package, add sour cream, 2 cups Cool Whip and almond extract. Mix well. Layer 1/2 of pudding mixture over angel food cake. Layer frozen strawberries over pudding. Repeat. Finish with 2 cups of Cool Whip and garnish with fresh strawberries. Refrigerate until serving time.