- 3 pounds of peeled shrimp
- 2 large cans diced tomatoes
- 1 16 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 large chopped green bell pepper
- 1\2 stick butter
- 1tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 CUP OF SUGAR
- 1 STICK MELTED BUTTER
- 1/4 TEA SPOON NUTMEG
- 1 1/2 TEASPOON GROUND CINNAMON
- 2 tsp OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla flavoring
- 4 eggs
- 1 regular frozen or fresh pie shell-uncooked
Shrimp Creole: Melt butter in sauce pan. Add onions, celery, and bell pepper. Cook until soft (15 min). Stir in garlic.
Leave on heat for five more minutes. Remove pot from heat and slowly stir in flour mixed in 1/2 cup hot
water. Add parsley, bay leaves, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and tomatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add shrimp and cover. Simmer until shrimp turn nice and pink. Serve over white rice.
Vinegar Pie: MIX THE BUTTER AND MELTED SUGAR TOGETHER. ADD IN VINEGAR AND VANILLA AND MIX.
ADD 4 eggs ONE AT A TIME AND STIR. INCORPORATE CINNAMON AND NUTMEG.
Pour into pie crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.