As savvy consumers know, sometimes a quick search for online coupons can bring serious savings on everyday purchases ranging from meals and medications to groceries and entertainment. And when the purchases are larger, of course, the savings available via online coupons can add up even more.
Unfortunately, though, some online coupon sites fall far short of reliable, leaving the internet consumer to have code after code rejected and the in-person shopper holding a paper coupon that is not worth the paper it is printed on. But with these six typically reliable sources for online coupons, savings can be just a few clicks away:
- Coupons.com: Providing a range of printable coupons, digital coupons and promo codes, this website’s money-saving offerings are largely focused on products such as groceries, healthcare items, household supplies and personal care items. The site also categorizes coupons by store with available choices including popular retailers like Walmart, Target, Costco, Walgreens and Dollar General.
To step up the money and time savings, users who register for a free Coupons.com account can create their own digital shopping lists by store on the site. Then, when they arrive to shop, the site or its associated app will sort the lists by aisle, plus alert the user to any coupons available for the items on their list.
- RetailMeNot.com: A go-to destination on the internet for promo codes, RetailMeNot is primarily focused on providing brand-specific discount codes for clothing and electronics retailers, restaurants, department stores, beauty brands and even travel services. Some of the top names visitors to the site are likely to find include Kohl’s, Dillard’s, Best Buy, REI, Target, Amazon, Panera, Papa John’s, Hertz and Expedia.
Offering a way to further maximize users’ savings, the RetailMeNot Deal Finder is a web browser extension that automatically finds and applies deal codes for goods and services that users shop for plus offers cash-back rewards on certain purchases.
- CouponCabin.com: The first coupon website to pair a cash-back program with its collection of coupon codes and in-store coupons, CouponCabin offers discounts at an array of well-known retailers such as Chewy, Old Navy, Hobby Lobby, Overstock, Lowe’s and Nike, plus provides coupons for luxury brands like Bloomingdale’s and Bergdorf Goodman. And to eliminate shopper frustrations caused by non-working codes, the site guarantees that its codes will work — and even offers a $25 Restaurant.com gift card to consumers who discover non-working codes.
Further, to step up users’ savings, the CouponCabin Sidekick plug-in lets shoppers know when coupons or cash-back opportunities are available while they are shopping for goods and services online.
- Amazon Coupons: As more consumers simplify their shopping experiences by doing it all from their couches with Amazon, the online retail giant is also getting in on the coupon action with this resource that groups available coupons into categories such as Home & Kitchen, Smart Home, Grocery & Gourmet, Personal Care & Daily Essentials, Electronics, Fashion and even Handmade. A handy search function also lets shoppers easily search through the collection of coupons by brand or item to find just the one(s) they need. And once the right deal is found, purchase and order fulfillment are just a few clicks away.
- Retail Store Websites: Many major retailers provide coupon and discount pages right on their websites with a few top examples including Walgreens, Target, Barnes & Noble, Sam’s Club and even Advance Auto Parts. So, when looking for a deal, thrifty consumers should check for their favorite retailers’ discount pages when they begin finalizing their shopping choices.
- Manufacturer Websites: A number of manufacturers also feature coupon and deal pages right on their websites with a few of the notable brands on the list including Procter & Gamble, Kellogg’s, Betty Crocker and Green Giant. So savvy shoppers can on occasion go directly to the source to find their savings.
Do you need more speed for your online activities, including pre-purchase coupon searches and blazing-fast coupon downloads? For the best internet experience in the area chose FTC.
To learn more about our internet offerings, visit ftc.net, then call 888-218-5050 to upgrade your connection today! And for help determining what kind of internet speeds your connected home needs, check out our handy and easy-to-use internet speed calculator!