Offering a wealth of mobility while enabling easy access to a range of the tools needed to get the job done and stay in touch with clients and colleagues, the smartphone is an indispensable tool for today’s on-the-go worker. And while the 21st century device can deliver a range of powerful capabilities on its own, it can become even more effective when accompanied by the right accessories.
For business owners looking to boost productivity levels of their out-in-the-field workforce, here are five smartphone accessories that offer great ways to ramp up mobile workers’ on-the-go capabilities:
- Portable battery charger/power bank: When on-the-go workers stay, well, on the go, it can take a toll on their smartphones’ battery level. But with a portable battery charger/power bank in tow, they will have enough juice on hand to keep their remaining power levels high, no matter how far from an electrical outlet they might stray. One top-rated candidate is the Anker PowerCore 20100, which can fit in a pocket, weighs just over 12 ounces and can charge an iPhone 8 almost seven times before needing its own recharge. Another, the Belkin Boost Up Charge Power Bank 10K, can charge two devices at once and uses the same lightning cable that charges the iPhone and iPad, allowing for lighter travel.
- Bluetooth headset: For workers who spend a lot of time on the road and behind the wheel, a quality Bluetooth headset gives them the capability to take and make hands-free calls while driving, all while maintaining high levels of clarity and comprehension during on-the-road conversations. When these devices have noise-canceling features, they also allow workers to effectively collaborate with colleagues and clients, even when working in loud environments. Well-reviewed Bluetooth headset options include the Jabra Evolve2 65, which features passive noise cancellation and utilizes three strategically placed, professional microphones to ensure outstanding call quality; and the Plantronics Voyager 5200, a noise-canceling Bluetooth earpiece that allows users to answer and place calls completely hands-free.
- Car mount: Another great accessory for the road-warrior worker, a quality car mount supports easy hands-free phone use while driving by putting a phone’s display in easy, at-a-glance sight, and when it is time to leave the vehicle, the mount puts the user’s phone within easy reach. For those who spend a lot of time traveling from place to place for work, these accessories also enable easy viewing of on-screen navigation directions along the way. A few top options here include the AINOPE Phone Holder for air-vent mounting, the iOttie iTap Magnetic 2 for dash and windshield mount and the TOPGO Cup Holder Phone Mount for cup-holder placement.
- Heavy-duty phone case: It goes without saying that regular travel can take a heavy toll on a smartphone. And on-the-go workers who use their smartphones for the bulk of the day inflict considerably more wear and tear on their phones than the average user. In either scenario, when it comes to device longevity, a rugged and dependable case can make all the difference. The best choice in a phone case will depend largely on a worker’s model of phone and the specific features desired, of course, but Otterbox, Lifeproof and Spigen are among the most trusted producers of phone cases.
- Cloud storage: For workers who rely on their smartphones to help them get the job done, ample storage is a must. And with cloud storage, all the files and data workers use on the job can be accessed from anywhere with a web or cellular connection, no matter how much storage space remains on the phone itself. (And as a bonus, the cloud can also be accessed from nearly any web-connected device and high-end storage plans allow for unlimited amounts of storage space.) Some of the top cloud-storage options available on the market today include Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, Microsoft OneDrive, Box and IDrive.
FTC offers a range of smartphones and iPhones that can boost mobility, connectivity and productivity for on-the-go workers. Visit ftc.net/business to explore everything that FTC Business has to offer. And to get local, expert IT help for your business in a number of tech-related areas, including Managed IT, Cybersecurity, Hosted Services and more, visit FTC IT Solutions today.