There may be times you need to return or exchange a device. Follow the steps below to prepare the device and correctly ship it or visit a local FTC store.
- Make sure your device is eligible for return or exchange. Devices must be returned within 30 days of purchase (or shipping date if equipment is shipped). We cannot accept returns or exchanges for:
- Closeout items
- Cosmetic blemish items
- Items not bought directly from FTC
- Maintenance replacement items – includes any items received as part of an FTC Mobile Maintenance claim
Begin your return process at www.ftc.net/returns. You will need your login username, password, and order number.
You may exchange one time within the applicable return period. Customers who need to exchange an installment plan (FTC Freedom device) should go to the nearest FTC store. Click here to view the complete Wireless Return Policy.
- 2. Confirm the condition of the device. If a device has physical or liquid damage it cannot be returned, and a credit will not be issued. FTC will return ineligible devices to you at the same address shown on the shipping label. No restocking, handling, or shipping fees will be charged to you for this device return.
3. Back up your content and contacts. Back up the pictures, videos, messages or contacts you want to save.
4. Disable Find My iPhone or Find My Device. If either of these are enabled, you must disable it before returning the device to us. Failure to disable this feature will delay the processing of your device and can cause an activation failure on new device purchases. Visit these pages to learn how:
Apple iPhone® – Turn Find My iPhone on/off
Android – Turn Find My Device on/off
5. Do a factory reset. To protect sensitive information that might be on your device, do a factory reset to permanently erase all personal data before sending your device back. Visit these pages to learn how:
Apple – Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings
Android – Reset your Android device to factory settings
6. Remove your SIM and/or memory card.
7. Pack and ship your device.
- Include a copy of the invoice with your return. Make a copy of the invoice for your records.
- Make sure your battery is working properly. Don’t return a damaged or defective battery or phone with one (e.g., a battery that’s swollen, leaking or too hot to touch).
- Pack the device and accessories in the original manufacturer’s packaging. You must include device, battery, charger, manual and unopened software. If anything is missing, your shipment may not be accepted.
- Mail the device to:
FTC Wireless Returns and Exchanges
369 S. Georgetown Hwy.
Johnsonville, South Carolina 29555
- Mail the device with tracking and be sure to keep your tracking number. You will receive an email notification when the package has been received. Shipping charges for the return are the responsibility of the customer.
Track my returns and refunds
- To track returns, use the tracking number you received when you shipped the device.
- After we receive your return, we’ll refund the price you paid for your item back to your original payment method. Usually, you will receive the refund in about 2-3 weeks.
Exchanging an item
We offer exchanges within the first 30 days for:
- A different device than the one you originally purchased
Please contact us via email AND phone, to let us know you will be exchanging the item and which item you would like to receive.
email@example.com AND 888-382-1010
Check your order status
Click here to track your order status. You will need your login username, password, and order number.