The siren is programmed to stop after 12 minutes or at whatever time the installer has set (typically 12-15 minutes for Intrusion Alarms). During Fire Alarms, the siren does not silence until the panel is reset. (This feature can be programmed by the installer.) Once the siren does silence, the system is still armed and able to activate if another event happens.
Still need help?
My Alarm is Going off - now what?
- No call after alarm goes off
- Resetting your system after an alarm
- Siren duration/system status after alarm
- Alarm status notifications
- Monitoring station signal receipt
- Alarm-response procedure
- Messages left during post-alarm calls
- Reason for post-alarm calls
- Homeowner availability when alarm goes off