Frequently Asked Questions: Getting Started/System Basics
- Billing & Accounting
- What options are available to pay my bill?
- How can I get more information regarding billing?
- When do adjustments show on my bill?
- Whom do I call if I have billing questions?
- Why haven’t I received the refund I requested?
- What should I do if I have problems with my consolidated account statement?
- What are the surcharges for on my bill?
- Whom can I talk to about why I was reported to a credit bureau?
- How can I found out my account balance?
- How can I verify Pay-Per-View purchases?
- How will I be billed for VOD rentals?
- Capital Credit
- Connection Protection
- Digital TV
- Fiber to the Home
- Troubleshooting & Repairs
- How do I see if I am eligible for a phone upgrade?
- What kind of loss or damage is covered under the Mobile Maintenance Program?
- What wireless service options do I have if I am going on a cruise?
- What tips can you offer for wireless data management?
- What tips can you give for traveling abroad?
- What reset options are available for my phone?
- What is the difference between a basic phone and a smart phone?
- What is Memory Management?
- Mobile Share
- How do I use the Find My iPhone feature?
- How do I backup my wireless device?
- How do I access Gmail on my mobile device?
- How can I protect my mobile device?
Most of the motion detectors installed today discriminate between pets and people. The standard motion detector will discriminate up to a 40lb pet. Depending on the size and number of animals you have a 100lb version is also available.
Be sure the door you are entering is the door you requested for delayed entry/exit. Typically only one door is given delay. If you are now entering through a different door, delay will have to be added. Also be sure the system is not being armed in the instant mode, which will not allow for any re-entry. If you are entering from the correct door and your system is not arming instantly, then there could be a malfunction with the door contact and service may be required.
Normally, the entry delay is set to 45 seconds. The effectiveness of the alarm is dependent on this time being as short as possible. This time can be configured based on your need.
This is normally determined by the installer and is kept to a minimum. We recommend only one door be given delay; however, more can be programmed to suit the customer’s needs.
The exact panel location does vary from house to house. Typically they are placed in a closet, laundry room or equipment room. The panel will be housed in a white or tan box mounted on the wall. If our Home Integration Team wired your home, your panel will be housed in your structured wire panel. If you have our wireless system, the control panel is integrated with your main keypad.
Not necessarily, but it is a good idea for someone to be able to gain access to the house in the event of trouble or if the system should malfunction.
With a Napco system, press bypass and the zone number you want bypassed. With a Honeywell system, enter your four-digit user code followed by the bypass key (6) and the two-digit zone number you wish to bypass. Sequence must be entered continuously or the sequence will not be accepted.
Any type of motion sensor should not be armed in the area you are sleeping. If motion sensors are armed in other parts of the house, your system will have to be disarmed before leaving the sleeping quarters. In most cases this has already been programmed for you. You can use the STAY mode while sleeping or are in the house. This feature turns off all interior devices and keeps your perimeter armed. The AWAY feature arms every device in the system and assumes you are leaving the house.
Enter your four-digit code followed by the chime key (9) for Honeywell systems. For Napco systems, press “function” + 5.
Contact Customer Service at 888-218-5050 for technical support.
Some systems do allow the keypad volume to be increased or decreased. Please refer to your user manual for the procedure for your particular system. For the Lynx Wireless system, press the function key (#) then press the volume key (2) then press the up or down arrow to change the volume level.
The lights on wireless detectors are turned off to help conserve the life of the batteries in the detector.
This normally indicates a malfunctioning siren. Service is required.
In an emergency, direct communication with multiple audiences can make the difference between a minor event and a major crisis. Security weather alerts are customizable, cloud-based emergency and mass notification systems that provide a seamless solution. Watch the video below for more information.
FTC has partnered with Honeywell so that you can have this state of the art security system in your home, and with the newest Lyric system, it makes smart home integration a breeze. Now you can be safe, secure, and comfortable at your home, with the control at your fingertips. You can use voice commands to talk to your system, and the smart features allow you to program the system to set the alarm, turn on and off lights, regulate the thermostat, and make sure all doors and windows are locked, even after you’ve left the house. Watch the video below for more information.
FTC technicians will install sensors in your rooms and on your doors that surround your home and perhaps motion detectors inside and/or outside your home. You may even have fire and smoke detectors that are linked to your system. Watch the video below for additional information.