Frequently Asked Questions: Moving or Unplugging System Hardware
- Billing & Accounting
- What options are available to pay my bill?
- How can I get more information regarding billing?
- When do adjustments show on my bill?
- Whom do I call if I have billing questions?
- Why haven’t I received the refund I requested?
- What should I do if I have problems with my consolidated account statement?
- What are the surcharges for on my bill?
- Whom can I talk to about why I was reported to a credit bureau?
- How can I found out my account balance?
- How can I verify Pay-Per-View purchases?
- How will I be billed for VOD rentals?
- Capital Credit
- Connection Protection
- Digital TV
- Fiber to the Home
- Troubleshooting & Repairs
- How do I see if I am eligible for a phone upgrade?
- What kind of loss or damage is covered under the Mobile Maintenance Program?
- What wireless service options do I have if I am going on a cruise?
- What tips can you offer for wireless data management?
- What tips can you give for traveling abroad?
- What reset options are available for my phone?
- What is the difference between a basic phone and a smart phone?
- What is Memory Management?
- Mobile Share
- How do I use the Find My iPhone feature?
- How do I backup my wireless device?
- How do I access Gmail on my mobile device?
- How can I protect my mobile device?
Door contacts can be removed. It is recommended that a technician remove them from the system so that other devices can be used during a remodel. If the door is being replaced, special care should be given to the wiring during this time. Charges may apply if a technician is sent.
You should be able to paint around detectors – DO NOT PAINT THE DETECTORS. If you wish to take them down, you should schedule a service call.
The wall transformer is the source for electrical power to your alarm system. In addition, the alarm system is powered by a 9 volt or 12 volt battery in the control panel. Disconnect both power sources and the system will be powered down.